Little Possums Preschool and Early Learning Centre is licensed to offer care to 46 Children broken down into 3 age groups as follows:
Babies (0 – 2 years) 16 places
Juniors (2 – 3.5 years) 20 places
Preschool (3.5 – 5 years) 10 places
Click here to use the Centrelink online estimator to get an idea of what your entitlements may be.
Prior to the enrolment interview, it is advisable that you contact the FAO (Family Assistance Office) to organise any subsidies and Customer Reference Numbers (CRN's).
The Family Assistance Office's contact number is 13 61 50.
What happens during the enrolment interview?The Nominated Supervisor will explain the day-to-day operations of the centre, and answer any questions you may have. Please bring along your child's Birth Certificate and Immunisation History Statement, which can be copied at the centre.
What else happens?
- The Nominated Supervisor will discuss the importance of centre policies with you
- You will be taken on a tour of the centre, paying particular attention to the room your child will be part of
- You will be introduced to all educators and are free to talk to them and ask any questions you may have
- You will be shown the room diary and individual portfolios that are used for programming and recording
- You will be shown the sign in/out folders, parent pockets, suggestion box, menu and kitchen.
- You will also be required to pay an enrolment fee of $50.00, as well as current week plus two weeks in advance of fees. The enrolment fee is non-refundable.
Child Care Benefit Explained
What is Child Care Benefit or CCB?
Child Care Benefit helps you with the cost of child care.
Am I eligible?
As Little Possums is an approved child care service, you may qualify for Child Care Benefit at Little Possums if:
- your child is immunised (or on an immunisation catch up schedule), or is exempt from the immunisation requirements, and
- you are responsible for paying the child care fees for your child.
You must also meet the work, training study test for child care benefit. To meet the test, you and your partner must undertake work or work-related activities such as training or studying for at least 15 hours per week. You may be exempt from the work/training/study test and should contact the Family Assistance Office for more information on 13 61 50.
How is it paid?
You can choose to have your CCB paid directly to the centre, or to you personally. Little Possums prefers you to have your CCB payments directed to the centre so that we only have to invoice you for the difference in your fees.
Child Care Rebate Explained
What is the Child Care Rebate (CCR)?
Child Care Rebate assists parents or guardians with your out-of-pocket expenses for approved child care if you are working, training or studying. Child Care Rebate is a different payment from Child Care Benefit. To receive Child Care Rebate you must first claim Child Care Benefit for approved care. Child Care Benefit is based on your income and is different for everyone.
Child Care Rebate covers 50% of out of pocket expenses.
You can choose to have your CCR paid directly to the centre, or to you personally. Little Possums prefers you to have your CCR payments directed to the centre so that we only have to invoice you for the difference in your fees.
Brushtail Babies Room (0 - 2 years) $81 per day
Sugar Glider Juniors (2 - 3.5 years) $79 per day
Honey Possum Preschoolers (3.5 - 5 years) $77 per day
As a parent or guardian you can choose to have your CCB and CCR paid either to you or directly to the centre. Below is a table from the centrelink website which estimates rebates and out-of-pocket expenses based on your taxable income. for more information on your personal circumstances please contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50.